| Home | Search | SBButler Letters | 301st Supply Train in France |
The 301st Supply train's first official headquarters was in St. Amand-Montrond, France. They arrived there in August 1918. At first billeted in local homes, they soon had a Motor park built and moved into tents on the grounds. They stayed in St. Amand until the Armistice was signed in November 1918.
In mid-March 1919, the train moved to Nevers from Le Havre. Not all the companies were sent; Co. D went to Tours, and Co.s E & F stayed in Le Havre.